Day 2

8:28 AM Milleth Soliza 0 Comments

Day 2, Tuesday, Clean Gut program

This morning's breakfast shake tasted much better than Monday's. It's called Blackberry Coconut Milkshake from the Clean Eats book. I didn't have frozen blackberries but used frozen mixed berries (blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries). All the shake recipes are single servings, but it seemed like there was so much of this! I drank it all though, then followed with the morning supplements. This shake will also be on my go-to meal/shake list. I really liked it, though it was a bit more tangy than I'd like. I didn't add stevia though.

*Again, no adverse effects from the supplements so far. I'll take that a good sign. I've been feeling itchy though. I'm not sure if it's because my rashes have scabbed and are healing or if it's from the coconut oil my mother gave me. It can't be from the food, I've taken out gluten and other food allergies from my diet.

Lunch was the Sunken Eggs (Clean Eats). This was also good, but sour due to the tomato sauce. The recipe makes two servings. I ate one (half the sauce and two eggs) and served it on top of sautéed spinach (garlic and olive oil). I'm finding the recipes pretty simple to follow and take about 30 minutes from prep to finish. Not bad. I'm not big on sour, so this may not be a repeat recipe.

Dinner did not disappoint (another go-to meal!). I had the Chicken Paillard with Butternut Squash and Mustard Vinaigrette (Clean Eats). I didn't go through the paillard process (basically flattening the chicken), I just sliced the chicken breasts thinly and cooked them in coconut oil with a little salt and a sprinkle of dried rosemary. The butternut squash with the cinnamon flavor was roasted in the oven. I've never had butternut squash before and this part of the recipe was my favorite! I combined the chicken and the squash with a lot of fresh spinach then poured the vinaigrette dressing on top, toss a bit, and it was done. This salad recipe says two servings, but they're HUGE servings. I probably had a third of it. That's ok though, Wednesday's lunch is leftovers. Swallowed my supplements and had some fresh blueberries as a snack. Didn't walk today, but that's ok, I'll definitely walk tomorrow!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: