Day 1

7:42 AM Milleth Soliza 0 Comments

Monday's recap, Day 1

Started with a shake today, the Green Coco Shake from the Clean Gut book, and let me tell you, honestly, that one was a bit hard to put swallow.  I guess I'm just not used to spinach and cashews in my shakes. But I drank it all, and followed up with the recommended supplements. I was very wary of the side effects of the supplements, but experienced no adverse effects. Maybe the  next time I make this shake, I'll include some blueberries or something, to make it a bit more palatable.

Lunch was challenging, mainly because I only have a 30 minute lunch in which to prepare my food and play with my babies as well as tidy up their mess a little. Lunch was the Vegetable Frittata from the Clean Eats book. It was delicious!! The recipe makes for two servings, and they're hefty portions. This program is not for calorie-counting at all! I've reserved the second serving for this week's snack or to share with the hubby. Lunch was immediately followed by the recommended mid-day supplement.

Dinner's menu was the Chicken with Kale and Olives from the Clean Eats book. Consisting of pasture-raised chicken breast cut into thin strips, capers, shallots, garlic, kale, green olives, and a little fresh squeezed lemon juice and olive oil, this meal is a definite winner and will be on my go-to meals. Even hubby loved it and requested it for dinner for Tuesday. I took my supplements, and after the kitchen was cleaned up, I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes. The program recommends a daily 10-minute walk after dinner, but I did 30 minutes.

Overall, I felt enthused about the program even more, seeing that I survived the first day with no issues. I did miss my coffee a few times in the day, but my hope to get better outweighed that craving.

Let me add though, that I've applied homemade (my mom made it) coconut oil on my remaining rashes after my shower. My mother is adamant about the healing properties of warmed coconut oil on the skin, so hey, I'm up for anything. I smelled like a coconut dessert through the night and prayed no ants decides to visit me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: